We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 90-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so we dedicate a full 90-minutes just for your initial visit to familiarize yourself with our practice and to ask any questions you may have. We will start with diagnostic records, at no charge to you, which include X-rays, photos and sometimes impressions for study models that are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan.
So what happens During the Initial Examination?
During the initial examination for each patient, Dr. Fergus will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
What happens when the consult is over?
We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Do I need to bring anything or fill anything out beforehand?
Please assist us by providing the following information when you come:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.