Here’s what to expect at your next appointment–
As we finally get to emerge from our daytime pajamas and re-enter the world, we’re so excited to see your smiling faces again! Our office will operate just a little differently than you might be used to. Don’t worry– you’ll still be getting the same high-quality care as always, but we will be taking some extra precautions to help ensure the safety of our patients, staff, and community as a whole. We are proud to announce our office has reopened!
We’ve been hard at work since our office closed. From virtual checkups, to mailing rubber bands, to all-hands-on-deck as we prepare for a safe reopening– we’ve thrown all our energy into preparing to see our patients very soon! We utilize hospital-level sterilization techniques at all times. We will continue to be diligent in our efforts to keep our office safe for you and your family.
We’ve been very fortunate to have the opportunity to see patients virtually for regular appointments throughout this time. Moving forward, we will continue to utilize this technology to address issues on the fly, and we will plan your virtual and in-person appointments accordingly.
As we begin providing treatment again, we will continue to follow guidelines for preventing the spread of any infectious disease, as outlined by the standards set by the CDC, American Association of Orthodontists, and other local professional organizations.
We must limit the number of people we have in the office at a time. We will be staggering the scheduling of patients we see each day as well as adding additional clinic days and times so that we can spread out appointments more effectively. In light of these changes, it may take longer to get your appointment rescheduled. We ask for your patience (and a little grace!) as we navigate this time together.
Prior to Your Appointment
- Please brush your teeth prior to arriving at our office. Our toothbrushing stations are currently closed.
- Please arrive 5 minutes early so that you’ll have plenty of time to complete your pre-screening.
What to Bring
- A mask or mouth covering 😷 To be seen in the office, you will be required to wear a mask. At this time, no one is allowed in our office without a mask or mouth covering.
When you arrive
- You will notice signs that will direct you to scan a QR code to check in. The QR code will direct you to a link where you will be asked to complete a short wellness survey as a part of your pre-screening.
- Once you complete the wellness survey, our office will be notified that you are here.
- When we are ready for you, one of our awesome team members will visit your car to take your temperature and complete your pre-screening.
- Patients should enter the office alone. We ask that at this time, parents and siblings wait in the car. In an effort to keep our space as safe and sanitary as possible, our waiting room will remain closed at this time. Don’t worry– it won’t be that way forever! A little extra caution at this time makes all of us safer.
In the Office
- You can expect all of our team members to be wearing PPE throughout your time here. We will be wearing goggles, a face mask, and a lab coat.
- Upon entering the office, check-in will look a bit different. When you arrive, you’ll be greeted with hand sanitizer. All patients and staff will work together in the office to observe social distancing guidelines and proper hand washing and sterilization.
- Our team will reach out via phone or text to schedule your next appointment.
Parents: If you have any specific concerns you’d like us to address during the appointment, please feel free to contact us prior to their appointment or relay any messages/concerns to Dr. Fergus through our greeter.
After Your Appointment
For the safety and health of our patients and staff, we are kindly asking that you monitor your own health and of those you are in close contact with for a period of two weeks following your visit to our office. During that two week period, should you or someone that you have had contact with, develop symptoms of COVID-19, please call our office and report this so that we can take appropriate precautions.
We must limit the number of people we have in the office at a time. Please know, we understand the urgency with wanting to continue your treatment and we want to be able to provide that for you. While the nature of our services does not allow for social distancing between clinician and patient, we are practicing social distancing between patients, taking every possible precaution to prevent exposure, and keeping foot traffic in our office to a minimum. In light of these changes, it may take longer to get your appointment rescheduled. We ask for your patience as we navigate this time together.
We will modify and change all processes based on the recommendations of our State, the AAO, and the ADA. Please check back for updates or feel free to contact us with any questions.
Questions? Contact Us!
We are still right here for you. If you ever have any questions, comments or concerns, we want to answer those for you! Please reach out. Our team is here to serve you! Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We appreciate your patience throughout this process. We can’t wait to see your beautiful smiles in the office very soon!
Your Fergus Orthodontic Family